WYSIHTML5 is an open source rich text editor, based on HTML5 technology, developed by Xing, that produces non-bloated, valid HTML5 code.
The editor doesn’t rely on any JS framework, it is lightweight andloads/works pretty fast.
textarea fields and provides the major stuff including text styles (bold, italic), lists, headers, inserting images or links and coloring the text.
You may also like:
Rich Text Editor Features:
- It’s fast and lightweight (smaller than TinyMCE, Aloha, …)
- Auto-linking of urls as-you-type
- Generates valid and semantic HTML5 markup (even when the content is pasted from MS Word)
- Uses class names instead of inline styles
- Unifies line break handling across browsers
- Uses sandboxed iframes in order to prevent identity theft through XSS
- Speech-input for Chrome
- No jQuery required
There is speech-input (which is only displayed in Chrome) and HTML source code can be viewed with a click.
WYSIHTML5 speeds up the writing process by auto-linking the URLs and offers a secure usage by using sandboxed iframes in order to prevent identity theft through XSS.
Compatibility: All Modern Browsers