The plugin generates all the HTML required and uses jQuery UI for “add new/edit record” dialogs.
It has several features including:
- Automatically creates HTML table and loads records from server using AJAX.
- Creates ‘create new record’ jQueryUI dialog form. When user creates a record, it sends data to server using AJAX and adds the same record to the table in the page.
- Creates ‘edit record’ jQueryUI dialog form. When user edits a record, it updates server using AJAX and updates all cells on the table in the page.
- Allow user to ‘delete a record’ by jQueryUI dialog based confirmation. When user deletes a record, it deletes the record from server using AJAX and deletes the record from the table in the page.
- Shows animations for create/delete/edit operations on the table.
- Supports server side paging using AJAX.
- Supports server side sorting using AJAX.
- Supports master/child tables.
- Allows user to select rows.
- Exposes some events to enable validation with forms.
- It can be localized easily.
- All styling of table and forms are defined in a CSS file, so you can easily change style of everything to use plugin in your pages. CSS file is well defined and commented.
- It comes with pre-defined color themes.
- It is not depended on any server side technology.
- It is platform independed and works on all common browsers.
Records can be browsed with Ajaxed pagination and they can be sorted(server-side) as well.
jTable can be set to display sub-tables for a given record which is handy for listing any sub-details.
The interface is completely themable via CSS (there are already several themes) and the resource is very well-documented.
Compatibility: All Major Browsers