HTML5 Boilerplate is a HTML/CSS/JS default template which helps the website to-be-built work cross-browser, support HTML5-CSS3 and work fast.
Boilerplate is not a framework, nor does it prescribe any philosophy of development, it’s just got some tricks to get your project off the ground quickly and right-footed.
You may be interested in the following modern trends related articles as well.
An .htaccess config file includes caching rules and prepares the website to serve HTML5 video, use @font-face, and enable gzip.
It is also built with mobile browsers taken into consideration and has an iOS, Android, Opera Mobile-adaptable markup + CSS skeleton.
HTML5 Boilerplate offers many other features like an optimal print stylesheet, a test suit for unit tests and much more.
HTML5 Boilerplate Features:
- Cross-browser compatible (IE6, yeah we got that.)
- HTML5 ready. Use the new tags with certainty.
- Optimal caching and compression rules for grade-A performance
- Best practice site configuration defaults
- Mobile browser optimizations
- Progressive enhancement graceful degradation … yeah yeah we got that
- IE specific classes for maximum cross-browser control
- Handy .no-js and .js classes to style based on capability
- Want to write unit tests but lazy? A full, hooked up test suite is waiting for you.
HTML5 Boilerplate Advance Features:
- avascript profiling…in IE6 and IE7? Sure, no problem.
- Console.log nerfing so you won’t break anyone by mistake.
- Never go wrong with your doctype or markup!
- An optimal print stylesheet, performance optimized
- iOS, Android, Opera Mobile-adaptable markup and CSS skeleton.
- IE6 pngfix baked in.
- .clearfix, .visuallyhidden classes to style things wisely and accessibly.
- .htaccess file that allows proper use of HTML5 features and faster page load
- CDN hosted jQuery with local fallback failsafe.
- Think there’s too much? The HTML5 Boilerplate is delete-key friendly. 🙂
Some Upcoming Features:
- Build script to concatenate/minify your script & style and optimizes images.
- Enable gzip technique (from Even Faster Websites) for all capable users.
- Production release with no explanatory comments, just the meat.
- SASS/HAML ports.
Compatibility: All Major Browsers
|Please feel free to join us and you are always welcome to share your thoughts even if you have more reference links related to other tips and tricks that our readers may like.